Originally this location was a neighborhood deli, as the area developed and rapidly grew in size St.James was in need of a neighborhood restaurant.
In the 1950's Boston Pizza opened its first restaurant here, and after several years of operating as such, Boston Pizza with new ownership relocated and Olympia Diner was born.
Olympia Diner was purchased by George Spiridakos and family in the summer of 2000. George always had the dream of owning his own restaurant, so when Olympia was finally his, he put his head down and eagerly went at it. The mission was to serve up Winnipeg's best Greek food, and after years of hard work Olympia has become the city favorite it is today.